Canvas Zoom Tool Videos to Auto-Import into Panopto Course Videos
Beginning Fall 2020 any course meetings that are scheduled and recorded to the Zoom cloud through the Canvas Zoom tool in your course will automatically be imported into the Panopto Course Videos tool.
Panopto homepage. During the Fall 2020 quarter, videos recorded through the Canvas Zoom tool will remain in both the Zoom and Panopto clouds. In future quarters however, videos recorded through the Canvas Zoom tool will be automatically deleted from the Zoom Cloud once Panopto confirms the recording has been successfully uploaded into its ecosystem. Zoom sessions that have not been scheduled via the Canvas Zoom tool will not be affected.To learn more about Panopto, please visit the
Advantages of having your Zoom recordings in Panopto
- Greater control of your content with ability to set video visibility and access dates.
- Ability to edit content, add clips and have these edits reflected in the downloaded version of the video. Zoom edits are not reflected in the downloaded version of the video.
- Enhanced video player for students, including ability to search for any spoken word or word that shows up on a slide.
- Videos live in the Panopto library indefinitely
- Creators (anyone with the role of Course Administrator, Teacher or Teaching Assistant on Canvas) will still have access to their video lectures after the end of the term.
- Easier resharing of content beyond the term to enrolled students who require extensions for incompletes. Please see guidelines here.
- Easier resharing of content from one term to another. Please see guidelines here.
Good to know
- By default all video content in the Panopto Course Videos tab is available for immediate viewing and is not available for download. To change these default settings please see documentation below:
- Only videos that are scheduled directly within the Canvas Zoom tool on your Canvas course page will get ported over into the Panopto Course Videos tab. Imported sessions will not get ported over.
- For Fall 2020 videos will be accessible in both Zoom and Panopto clouds.
- By default, access to the videos will expire after the grading period.