The Stanford Center for Professional Development (SCPD) supports Stanford faculty, departments, schools, and centers in the development and delivery of Stanford educational offerings to both matriculated students and learners around the world.
We provide a variety of resources to assist in the creation of engaging, high-quality online, in-person, and blended learning experiences, including credit-bearing degrees, certificates, and courses; group and custom programs; professional education, and free and open content.
We can help faculty and instructors:
- Teach either from home, in an SCPD-supported classroom, or in a studio or screencast space
- Reuse lectures recorded in prior quarters
- Use Zoom or Panopto to record new lectures
- Access technology tools and equipment (e.g. studio in a box, iPads, etc.)
- Open up a course to additional graduate students remotely
- Explore new options for graduate or professional education
- Improve learner outcomes through the use of different pedagogical approaches and technologies
Our teams are here to support you, from dedicated IT staff available to help get you started your first of day of class to our programs and marketing team who work with you to assess market reach and increase enrollment and exposure.
We invite you to work with us.
The Stanford Center for Professional Development (SCPD) helps Stanford faculty create and deliver engaging, high-quality blended and online education to a global audience of learners.
SCPD operates and manages Stanford Online, Stanford’s online learning provider, offering learners access to Stanford’s extended education and lifelong learning opportunities both on campus and around the world.
We are housed within the Stanford School of Engineering and collaborate with all seven university schools to design and deliver educational content.
We also work in close collaboration with the Stanford Center for Health Education, a part of Stanford Medicine, helping extend health education to a global community of health professionals and to communities around the world.