If you’re working in the cybersecurity field, or are interested in getting a foot in the door, it’s crucial that you understand how cyberattacks are perpetrated and the best practices for preventing and responding to them. This short, free, non-credit course is the perfect way to get started on building this knowledge. In this course, you’ll learn from experts in the field about the fundamentals of web security and some of the latest threats and their defenses. You’ll gain a deeper, technical understanding of cyber security, the Internet’s common and emerging vulnerabilities, and techniques for addressing those vulnerabilities.
You Will Learn
- The fundamentals of web and browser security
- What are the latest emerging attacks facing the Internet
- The tools critical in solving common web vulnerabilities
- How to employ new defense techniques and architectures
- Frame busting
- Attacks on TLS and their defenses
- Password breaches
- Compression attacks
- Security risks of mobile sensors
Who Should Enroll
This course is not a comprehensive overview of cybersecurity, but a valuable starting point. It is intended for software and security professionals as well as individuals interested in the field of cybersecurity who have some technical background.
This course is a free, non-credit course.