New research shows that genetic variations continue to accrue throughout tumor development. Having the ability to conduct deep sequencing on the healthy and cancerous cells in a patient, at multiple stages of growth and treatment, has led to invaluable findings and new directions for analyses in the field.
This course explores the role of genomics in cancer diagnosis, prognosis and treatment. Providing a greater view of mutations through tumor profiling, more targeted and personalized health care can be administered and positively impact disease outcomes. Discover the latest research advancing the study of cancer and the power of genomics in medical decision making.
This course is an elective course in the Stanford Genetics and Genomics Certificate.
You Will Learn
- Assessments of hereditary risk through multi-gene panel screens
- Classifications of cancers by genomic differences
- Evolutions of cancer cells that cause treatment resistance
- New technologies for non-invasive analyses
- Spectrums and sub-types of cancer mutations
- Christina Curtis Assistant Professor of Medicine and Genetics, Stanford University
- James Ford Associate Professor of Medicine and of Genetics, Stanford University
- Natalie Jaeger Instructor, Stanford University
- Michael Snyder Professor and Chair in Genetics, Stanford University
- Lars Steinmetz Professor of Genetics, Stanford University
$495 per Elective Course
$3,445* All-Access Plan - Pay for six courses, get three free, and access them all for an entire year.
*If you have already paid for Genetics and Genomics program courses, the total cost will be pro-rated accordingly. Our Student and Client Services team will be in contact with you to make arrangements. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continuing Education Units
By completing this course, you’ll earn 1 Continuing Education Unit (CEU). CEUs cannot be applied toward any Stanford degree. CEU transferability is subject to the receiving institution’s policies.
Record of Completion
When you complete each course, you’ll receive an email with a link to download your Record of Completion. This email will be sent to the address you provide in your mystanfordconnection within 3 business days of course completion.
Please contact us at 650.263.4700 or