A big idea is not enough. You need people to create it and people to buy into it. Your big idea needs a story. Stories fuel innovation. They hold the power to transform listeners; to take listeners on a journey that changes how they think, feel or act. This interactive online course covers the variety of roles a narrative can play, and its potential to transform an organization or new venture. Explore why story is at the heart of effective innovation and how story can be used to transform culture.
Learn How To
- Understand the role story plays in business, specifically in innovation
- Learn why stories are important in business and marketing. Explore the power of stories by examining a successful social media campaign to increase bone marrow registry.
- Determine what makes a good (and bad) story
- Learn the four-wing Dragonfly framework to tell a powerful story: single-focused goal, grab attention, engage, enable action.
- Use and craft stories for internal and external stakeholders, to further your strategic advantage and spur innovation
- Learn the importance of using personal stories effectively, how to build a collection of personal stories and brand/business stories, and techniques for teaching others how to tell stories.
- $995 per online course
- $75 one-time document fee
Continuing Education Units
By completing this course, you’ll earn 1 Continuing Education Unit (CEU). CEUs cannot be applied toward any Stanford degree. CEU transferability is subject to the receiving institution’s policies.
Record of Completion
When you complete each course, you’ll receive an email with a link to download your Record of Completion. This email will be sent to the address you provide in your mystanfordconnection within 3 business days of course completion.
Please contact us at 650.741.1630 or
Watch a brief overview of The Power of Stories to Fuel Innovation course.