Growth requires getting people to do more and do it better. Senior executives, managers, frontline employees and other players need to spread existing pockets of excellence to more people in more places. This course is based on the premise that scaling is a crucial skill for building vibrant and enduring organizations—small startups to large enterprises—in every industry and sector. You will learn best practices and principles for scaling excellence, and hear from industry leaders who have applied these principles successfully.
Learn how to:
- Build an organizational mindset of accountability and ownership
- Learn how to scale up organizations and projects by creating strong and resilient bonds between people. Enable people to feel and act as if they own the place and the place owns them.
- Evaluate the scaling capacity of your organization
- Learn to identify the prevalent mindset within your company, and what are some taboos that exist within your organization. Evaluate the grit and resilience of the people involved in your scaling effort. Decide whether your scaling effort requires a Catholic approach (emphasizing replication) or a Buddhist approach (emphasizing variation).
- Avoid traps that inhibit scaling
- Sidestep common scaling mistakes by applying the pre-mortem methodology and by learning from stories and case studies of companies who have scaled successfully.
- Hayagreeva Rao Professor of Organizational Behavior, Stanford Graduate School of Business
- $995 per online course
- $75 one-time document fee ?
Continuing Education Units
By completing this course, you’ll earn 1 Continuing Education Unit (CEU). CEUs cannot be applied toward any Stanford degree. CEU transferability is subject to the receiving institution’s policies.
Record of Completion
When you complete each course, you’ll receive an email with a link to download your Record of Completion. This email will be sent to the address you provide in your mystanfordconnection within 3 business days of course completion.
Please contact us at 650.741.1630
Watch a brief overview of Scaling Excellence through Innovation