A company may have millions of lines of existing code, and tens of millions of dollars of investment in their business based on those lines of code. It is not reasonable to expect that the applications that those millions of lines of code support can be redesigned securely from scratch in a cost-effective fashion.
In this course, learn and experience intermediate and advanced techniques that systems and applications programmers can use to write new code securely, as well as to find and mitigate vulnerabilities in existing code. In addition to covering these threats, we discuss various tools and techniques that can be used to secure large amounts of legacy code. Our course will demonstrate how to use off-the-shelf tools to secure an existing, large enterprise application.
* This course also features an interactive, virtual lab. In a controlled environment, you’ll be given an opportunity to identify flaws and manipulate systems. By understanding how these hacks are executed, you’ll be better equipped to defend against them.
You Will Learn
- Control Hijacking Attacks and Defenses
- Attacks Using Virtual Machines
- Tools for Writing Code Securely
- Static and Dynamic Analysis
- Language-based Security Models
- Isolation Techniques
- Himanshu Dwivedi, CEO, Data Theorem
- Mukul Khullar, Staff Information Security Engineer, LinkedIn
- Parisa Tabriz, Engineering Director, Google
This course is approximately 6 hours of video content with 4 hours of coursework.
We recommend you have the equivalent of a BS in Computer Science and/or a background in security.
- $495 per online course
- $75 one-time document fee
Continuing Education Units
By completing this course, you’ll earn 1 Continuing Education Unit (CEU). CEUs cannot be applied toward any Stanford degree. CEU transferability is subject to the receiving institution’s policies.
Record of Completion
When you complete each course, you’ll receive an email with a link to download your Record of Completion. This email will be sent to the address you provide in your mystanfordconnection within 3 business days of course completion.