Whether you are a major manufacturer or a small business owner, understanding the principles of operations management is critical to success. This course provides an introduction to a broad range of issues in operations management for both production and service industries. Learn key strategies of operations management including effective planning, scheduling and control.
- Supply chain management
- Determination of optimal facility location
- Production planning and lot sizing
- Optimal timing and sizing of capacity expansion
- Inventory control
- Consumer satisfaction
Note on Course Availability
The course schedule is displayed for planning purposes – courses can be modified, changed, or cancelled. Course availability will be considered finalized on the first day of open enrollment. For quarterly enrollment dates, please refer to our graduate certificate homepage.
- 1 year of college level calculus (through calculus of several variables, such as CME110 or MATH51)
- Background in statistics, probability and experience with spreadsheets
- An undergraduate degree with a GPA of 3.0 or equivalent