The explosion of applications of linear dynamical systems over the past several decades makes the study of it both exciting and fundamental. This introduction to linear dynamical systems concentrates on applications to circuits, signal processing, communications, and control systems. Learn how linear differential equations are now being used in communications, finance, mechanical and civil engineering, and many other fields.
- Jose Krause Perin Instructor, Electrical Engineering
- Least-squares approximations and least-norm solutions
- Symmetric matrices, matrix norm and singular-value decomposition
- Eigenvalues and eigenvectors
- Matrix exponential, stability, and asymptotic behavior
- Multi-input multi-output systems
- Control, reachability and state transfer
Linear algebra and matrices as in EE103 or MATH104; ordinary differential equations and Laplace transforms as in CME102 or EE102B.