Semiconductors are a key driver of job growth, productivity and innovation throughout the world. This broad overview of the latest semiconductor technology will dive into the specifics of how semiconductors function and are used every day in industry. Learn about carrier generation, transport, recombination, storage in semiconductors and examine how first order device models are useful for integrated circuit analysis and design.
- James Harris Chesebrough Professor, Electrical Engineering
- Metal semiconductor contacts
- P-N junctions
- MOS capacitors and transistors
- Bipolar junction transistors
- CCDs, solar cells, LEDs, and detectors
Semiconductor Device Physics (Stanford Course: EE116) or equivalent