Explore prevalent issues in designing and implementing distributed systems and learn how to deal with the shared state between separate system processes. Evaluate the challenges and solutions that come into play when an application consists of two or more processes that do not share a common address space. Featured guest lecturers will further elaborate on issues of security distributed shared memory and more.
- Replication and consistency
- Transactions,agreement and reconciliation
- Structuring of distributed systems
- Directories and naming
- Accounts and authentication
- Distributed storage systems
- Future directions and issues
Introduction to Computer Networking (Stanford Course: CS144).
AND object-oriented programming techniques and issues
(Stanford Course: CS249A or equivalent).