The Stanford Genetics and Genomics Certificate Program utilizes the expertise of the Stanford faculty along with top industry leaders to teach cutting-edge topics in the field of genetics and genomics. Through online genetics courses, you will build a solid base of knowledge to explore and understand advanced genetics topics of interest.
The certificate program covers advancements in the field of personalized medicine, DNA sequencing technologies and commercial applications of genetics research..
You Will Gain
- A solid foundation of knowledge in the field of genetics
- A broad understanding of the fundamentals of genomics
- An introduction to cutting edge technologies used in the field
- Familiarity with industry and medically-relevant applications
- Real-world skills that will make you more marketable
Who Should Enroll
- Medical sales representatives
- Emerging technology leaders, strategists and venture capitalists who trade within the science-medical space
- R&D managers and new product teams
- Medical practitioners looking to expand their knowledge in the scientific world
- Directors, Managers or Administrators who work in non-scientific roles in scientific environments
Earning the Certificate
You have the flexibility of taking individual courses within the program or earning the Stanford Genetics and Genomics Certificate by completing two required courses and four elective courses. Courses may be taken at your own pace online. It is strongly recommend that you complete Fundamentals of Genetics: The Genetics You Need to Know (XGEN101) and Genomics and the Other Omics: The Comprehensive Essentials (XGEN102)
Each course consists of online lecture videos, self-paced exercises and a final exam. Lecture videos are presented in short segments for easy viewing and frequent self-reflection.
- 5 years of work experience, preferably in science or tech related fields
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- High school level knowledge of biology and chemistry
- An investigative and scientific spirit
- $695 per Required Course
- $495 per Elective Course
- $75 one-time document fee ?
- $3,445* All-Access Plan - Pay for six courses, get three free, and access them all for an entire year.
*If you have already paid for Genetics and Genomics program courses, the total cost will be pro-rated accordingly. Our Student and Client Services team will be in contact with you to make arrangements. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time to Complete Certificate
New! You now have the option to enroll in the Stanford Genetics and Genomics All-Access Plan, which gives you access to all nine courses in the program for one year.
The program’s online courses are self-paced and available on-demand for 60 days after the date of enrollment. This enables you to complete the program at your own pace. Each course takes roughly 10-18 hours to complete depending on your familiarity with the topic and experience with online learning.
Our pacing recommendation for courses of this length is to complete each course within 45-60 days. To be on track, we recommend that you plan to spend approximately two-three hours per week on the course.