Stanford Global Studies and the Center to Support Excellence in Teaching present a series of workshops that offer teachers the opportunity to deepen their knowledge of key topics of current relevance and hone their pedagogical expertise in collaboration with leading Stanford scholars. This series is comprised of three on-campus workshops:
- Contested Histories Around The World
- January 18-20th
- Intersecting Identities in Historical and Contemporary Context
- March 8-10th
- Democracy Today: Where and What is it?
- April 26-28
Through this series, participants will:
- Deepen their content knowledge of significant historical issues in different national, regional and global contexts.
- Learn to complicate prevalent historical narratives by including marginalized perspectives and experiences in curriculum development and classroom instruction.
- Learn research-based strategies to engage students in authentic historical analysis.
- Learn to integrate primary historical sources, structured academic discussion and assessment of student thinking in their classrooms.
Continuing Education Units (CEU)
Each workshop contains approximately 20 hours of professional development. Districts may award 2 CEUs for individuals who complete a single workshop and receive a record of completion. Participation in all three workshops equates to approximately 60 hours of professional development and districts may award 6 CEUs for individuals who complete the entire three-workshop series and receive a record of completion.
Please note that Stanford University makes no representation that participation in the course, including participation leading to a statement of accomplishment, will be accepted by any school district or other entity as evidence of professional development. Participants are solely responsible for determining whether participation in the course, including obtaining a record of completion, will be accepted by a school district, or any other entity, as evidence of professional development coursework.
Learners may enroll for the entire series (three, 3-day workshops) for $500 or may register for individual workshops of their choice at $199 each.
To enroll in the entire series, use the bundle enroll button on this page. To enroll in individual workshops, navigate to each workshop page using the links on the right.