Visual computing is an emerging discipline that combines computer graphics and computer vision to advance technologies for the capture, processing, display and perception of visual information. The courses for this certificate teach fundamentals of image capture, computer vision, computer graphics and human vision. Several of the courses offer hands-on experience prototyping imaging systems for augmented and virtual reality, robotics, autonomous vehicles and medical imaging. You’ll gain skills that will allow you to play a critical role in your organization – whether developing cutting-edge technologies, pioneering new products, developing fresh research capabilities, or influencing strategic decisions.
What you’ll Learn
- Computer graphics and underlying mathematical concepts
- Digital image processing
- Deep learning, robotics, and convolutional neural networks for vision
- New image capture and display technologies
- Virtual reality, augmented reality and hands-on prototyping
- Human vision, neuroscience and perception
Who should Apply
- Those who are interested in computational imaging, computer graphics, machine learning and human vision
- Those interested in new imaging devices and computational methods for applications in virtual and augmented reality, entertainment and electronic games, robotic assisted technologies, medical imaging and data visualization
Earning the Certificate
- Tailor the certificate to your interests and career goals
- Begin your certificate any academic quarter that an applicable course is offered, subject to prerequisites
- Take courses for graduate credit and a grade
- Receive a B (3.0) or better in each course
- A conferred Bachelor’s degree with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better. (Degree recommended in an engineering or computer science field.)
- Mathematics background in linear algebra, calculus and probability.
- Certain courses require advanced knowledge or specific programming languages.
- Approval is on a course-by-course basis, please check course pages.
To pursue a graduate certificate you need to apply.
$17,640 - $21,420 (14 - 17 units)
to complete the certificate
For course tuition and fees, please click
Tuition & Fees
Time to Complete Certificate
1-2 years average
3 years maximum to complete
Submit an inquiry to receive more information.