The Stanford Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate Program teaches you essential skills and effective strategies for working in and managing innovative organizations – and for starting new ones. In online innovation courses designed to engage and inspire, you will learn by doing from some of Stanford’s best in the field.
Be prepared to get out of your chair and use your whole brain, because creativity and innovation take practice.
You Will Gain
- A greater understanding of the tools that every innovative organization needs to succeed
- A wider and deeper set of innovation skills, customized to fit both your organization’s needs and your career goals
- A greater understanding the best and most current research on innovation and entrepreneurship
- Deeper insights into the people you are serving - a powerful tool for innovation
- The joy of learning from and engaging with some of Stanford’s smartest and most entertaining teachers
- Personal feedback and advice from Stanford’s team of innovation coaches
- A greater capacity to keep honing your innovation skills for years after you’ve completed the program – we teach participants how to keep learning and, in turn, to teach what they learn to others
Who Should Enroll
- Leaders of innovative teams, or teams that wish to be innovative
- Professionals from startups, Fortune 500 companies, non-profits and the public sector
- Marketing, sales, finance, and project management teams
- Engineers and project team leads who want to be more creative
- Entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs
Earning the Certificate
Courses may be taken in any order and are self-paced. You have the flexibility of taking individual courses within the program or earning the certificate by completing eight courses. (The free introductory course, Introduction to Innovation and Entrepreneurship, does not count towards the eight courses). If you are unsure of where to start we recommend XINE229 - Leading Innovation or XINE232 - Scaling Excellence: How You Can Help Make It Happen.
Each course consists of online lecture videos, self-paced assignments and a final exam. A discussion forum allows you to interact with the teaching team and others who are enrolled in the course. The teaching team also provides feedback on select assignments.
You can earn Professional Development Units (PDUs) for taking courses in the SI&E program to maintain Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification
- 5 years work experience
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, with minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Background in management or working in teams
- An entrepreneurial and innovative spirit
Each application will be evaluated as a whole, taking into consideration both your academic and professional experience. If you do not have all the prerequisites but still wish to be considered for the program, we encourage you to submit your application.
The All-Access Plan – a full year to view and complete course materials, video lectures, assignments and exams, at your own pace. Revisit course materials or jump ahead – all content remains at your fingertips year-round. You also get 365 days of email access to your Stanford teaching assistant.
$7,960 for one-year access to all 13 online courses
+ $75 (one-time document fee)
Individual Courses - 60 days to view and complete course materials, video lectures, assignments and exams, at your own pace. You also get 60 days of email access to your Stanford teaching assistant.
- $995 per course
- $75 one-time document fee.?
Time to Complete Certificate
You should expect to spend 10-12 hours to complete each course, depending on your familiarity with the topic.
For individual courses, we recommend that you designate about 2 hours per week to watch video lectures and complete assignments in order to finish within 60 days.
Since the All-Access Plan allows you to access all courses for one year, you can determine how quickly to progress, but you must complete courses with 365 days in order to receive credit.