"Artificial intelligence is the new electricity."
- Andrew Ng, Stanford Adjunct Professor
Take advantage of the opportunity to virtually step into the classrooms of Stanford professors like Andrew Ng who are leading the Artificial Intelligence revolution.
Classes in the Artificial Intelligence Graduate Certificate provide the foundation and advanced skills in the principles and technologies that underlie AI including logic, knowledge representation, probabilistic models, and machine learning. Students can pursue topics in depth, with courses available in areas such as robotics, vision, and natural language processing.
Upcoming Recommended Courses
Prepare for advanced Artificial Intelligence curriculum and earn graduate credit by taking these recommended courses; these courses will not count towards the Artificial Intelligence graduate certificate. We highly recommend taking CS109 Introduction to Probability for Computer Scientists in Spring Quarter 2018, or STATS116 Theory of Probability in Summer 2018.
Who Should Apply
Software engineers interested in artificial intelligence. The fast-paced, academically rigorous classes that are part of this certificate are appropriate for applicants who can demonstrate mastery of the prerequisite subject matter including statistics and probability, linear algebra and calculus. Students should also have significant programming experience in Java, C++, Python or similar languages.
As demand for AI courses is high and seats are limited, applications are subject to additional review. Applicants will be notified once the application review process is complete and a decision has been made.
Earning the Certificate
- Tailor the certificate to your interests and career goals
- Begin your certificate any academic quarter that an applicable course is offered, subject to prerequisites
- Take courses for graduate credit and a grade
- Receive a B (3.0) or better in each course
- Programming experience: C/C++ (CS108 or equivalent)
- Recommended: Linear algebra (Math104, Math113, CS205A or equivalent)
- Recommended: Statistics and probability (CS109 , STATS116 or equivalent)
- A conferred Bachelor’s degree with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better.
To pursue a graduate certificate you need to apply.
$16,380 - $18,900 (13 - 15 units)
to complete the certificate
For course tuition and fees, please click
Tuition & Fees
Time to Complete Certificate
1-2 years average
3 years maximum to complete
Submit an inquiry to receive more information.