The Guidance and Control Graduate Certificate provides an understanding of the fundamentals behind modern control techniques for linear and non-linear systems as well as orbital mechanics. Students will use MATLAB extensively, becoming familiar with the programming language by the completion of the certificate.
You Will Learn
- Orbital mechanics
- GPS based navigation
- The development of automatic control systems
- The understanding of system error
- The dynamic response of such control systems
Who Should Apply
Mechanical and aerospace engineers looking to expand their knowledge of control of spacecraft and aircraft vehicles.
Earning the Certificate
- Tailor the certificate to your interests and career goals
- Begin your certificate any academic quarter that an applicable course is offered, subject to prerequisites
- Take courses for graduate credit and a grade
- Maintain a B average (GPA of 3.0) or better
- Basic knowledge of MATLAB
- Linear algebra and differential equations
- Strong college level dynamics
- A conferred Bachelor’s degree with an undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or better.
To pursue a graduate certificate you need to apply.
Tuition is based on the number of units you take. See Graduate Course Tuition on our Tuition & Fees page for more information.
Time to Complete Certificate
1-2 years average
3 years maximum to complete
Submit an inquiry to receive more information.