Panopto is a video capture, delivery and video content management tool that provides teaching teams greater control over their content.
Panopto is integrated and available to any teaching team in Canvas. (GSB faculty should contact the Teaching and Learning Hub for Panopto alternatives) Popular features include self-capture and self-publishing of your lectures, permission synchronization based on Canvas roles, ability to set publishing schedules and editing. To learn more watch this Introduction to Panopto Video.
Panopto capture is also available in some of our studio equipped classrooms, mainly residing in the School of Engineering. To learn more about our capture capable rooms equipped with Panopto technology, please visit Record in Classrooms & Studios page.
With Panopto, you can:
- Pre-record your lectures
- Stream lectures live (40 second delay)
- Create text-based live discussions (40 second delay)
- Upload pre-existing video or audio to your Canvas course page
- Create in-video quizzing and view results in Panopto and/or tie results to Canvas Gradebook
- Create assignment folders where students can submit assignments via video.
- Set your lectures to appear on a publishing schedule
- Flip your classroom
- No file size restrictions
- Enhanced video controls for teaching teams
- Advanced video player for students
- Web-based, only requiring download of a small application for recording
Accessible to all faculty via Canvas (GSB please visit Teaching and Learning Hub for Panopto alternatives)