SCPD provides Stanford and the School of Engineering with an enhanced capability to develop and deliver engaging, high-quality education to learners around the world, including traditionally on-campus students.
We do this by recording, producing, and delivering faculty instruction to learners through online credit-bearing courses, executive and professional education programs, and free and open content.
Operational services that support programmatic design and delivery are the backbone of our organization. We operate and manage Stanford Online, Stanford’s online learning catalog and gateway, and we also:
- Conduct market research and align learner needs and interests with programs that are responsive to Stanford’s academic interests, strengths, and values
- Provide the financial services required to receive and track learner payment, issue refunds and distribute funds to participating units and faculty
- Track and certify learners from first contact to final certificate or degree and beyond
- Formulate, negotiate, and implement contracts with clients, partners, platforms, collaborators, etc., ensuring compliance with Stanford policy and applicable law
- Negotiate, develop, and manage partnerships that bridge faculty and industry partners and distributors
While our core competencies and expertise have expanded, we seek to address current and future opportunities created by emerging trends and faculty interest.