Good Boss, Bad Boss: A Peek Inside the Minds of the Best (and Worst)
Thursday, April 28, 2011 | 6:30 pm Pacific Time, 9:30 pm Eastern Time
Professor Robert Sutton will draw on his new book, Good Boss, Bad Boss, to describe the mindset and moves of the best (and worst) bosses. He will weave psychological and management research together with instructive stories and cases to help you be a better boss (or deal with a difficult one).
Robert Sutton, professor of Management Science and Engineering, is the author of several books including The No Asshole Rule: Building a Civilized Workplace and Surviving One That Isn't and Good Boss, Bad Boss: How to Be the Best? and Survive the Worst, both New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestsellers. His personal blog is Work Matters, at bobsutton.typepad.com and he tweets at work_matters.
The lecture will be broadcast online at no charge. If you would like to view the live broadcast, please register below so that we can send you the link prior to the event.
This free, one-hour lecture is hosted online by the Stanford Center for Professional Development on Thursday, April 28 at 6:30 p.m. Pacific Time.
Steps to Register
- Scroll down to the course section at the bottom of the page
- Click on the red "Enroll in this Section" button
- Click on the gold "View Cart" link located in the upper right-hand corner
- Continue with the checkout process by filling out the required information * note: there is no fee for this online lecture
- 30 minutes prior to the lecture, you will be emailed a link to the broadcast.
Before the live event, ensure that you have the following equipment and software:
- A computer that supports Windows Media files
PC Users: Windows Media Player 10+
Mac Users: QuickTime Player 7.0+ , and Flip4Mac 2.2+
- DSL or a fast Internet connection to view the video session.
- Computer speakers