It’s estimated that by the year 2020 the market value for the blockchain industry will exceed $60 billion. This opportunity has become the center of attention for many developers, investors, businesses, and even governments looking for the next big innovation. But will the future of this technology prove to be as promising as many are hoping?
This course aims to unpack the hype behind the “crypto craze” and give you the facts. Through the eyes of leading industry experts and Stanford instructors, you’ll learn what blockchains and cryptocurrencies are, how they can be used, and where the future of this technology is headed.
You Will Learn
- The basics of blockchain technology and how it works
- How cryptocurrencies are created, transacted, and stored
- Potential applications for Blockchain which can change the world
- The pitfalls and challenges which come with adopting a digital currency
- How securities are defined in the U.S. and what that means for this technology
- Where Blockchain and Cryptocurrency is going and who is driving the innovation
- Fred Ehrsam, Co-Founder of Paradigm and Coinbase
- Matt Huang, Co-Founder of Paradigm and former partner at Sequoia Capital
- Juan Benet, Founder and CEO of Protocol Labs
This course is approximately 6 hours of video content and 2 hours of coursework. It is comprised of video lectures, exercises, readings and supplemental materials.
Record of Completion
When you complete this course, you’ll receive an email with a link to download your Record of Completion. This email will be sent to the address you provide in your mystanfordconnection within 3 business days of course completion.
- $195 for Blockchain and Cryptocurrency: What You Need to Know
- Group discounts available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.