This course will provide you with an overview of the air transportation system that illustrates the interdependence among its components: Airlines, Airports, Civil Aviation Authorities and Air Navigation Services.
Air Transport Fundamentals
You Will Learn to
- To apply your knowledge and skills in the aviation industry and make more effective decisions for your organisation
- Become a more valuable employee or potential employee by having a thorough knowledge of the air transport industry, its function and role.
- Have insight into current trends and issues in civil aviation, such as aviation safety and security, law and new technology
- Enjoy your work by acquiring an increased understanding of your professional environment
- Overview of the air transport system
- Aviation law
- Role and function of:
- World Aviation Organisations
- Civil Aviation Authorities (CAAs)
- Air Navigation Services (ANS) Providers
- Impact of technology on air transportation
- The future of air transportation
Who Should Apply
- New or experienced managers coming into aviation from another industry
- Recently promoted employees working within the industry
- Individuals wishing to enhance their understanding of the air transportation environment
- Individuals who wish to pursue other airline/airport/civil aviation/management courses and wish to obtain essential knowledge to further their studies
Certificates and Degrees
Requires an accepted application. Applications may be submitted online at anytime.
- $858 per online course
- $75 one-time document fee
It is recommended that you take Airport Transport Fundamentals as the 1st course in the Stanford - IATA Aviation Management Certificate Program
Select a tab, then click course number/date to view details.
XIATA110 - 010 Immediate Online Access Available
Course Access ?
60 day access to the online course starts upon payment.
Course materials are available for download from the online videos page to allow for printing and review.
Online participants are asked to complete a final exam at the end of each course to maintain the integrity of the program. A digital record of completion will be emailed to participants when they pass the exam.
It is required that participants complete the course evaluation once they have passed the final exam.