(This is the in-person course in the Strategies for Sustainability Program.)
Drive innovation and long-term value creation using design thinking tools and strategies. Design thinking has long been used in Silicon Valley to help companies address seemingly intractable problems. This 2.5-day executive leadership course will give you the tools and understanding you need to bring design thinking concepts to your organization and to generate impactful results across the broader ecosystem. Highly interactive, this program will teach you to think holistically about your organization’s sustainability challenges and possible solutions.
Taught by award-winning faculty from Stanford’s Schools of Earth Sciences, Engineering, Business and Design, and by industry experts, participants will engage with faculty and each other to develop tactics and strategies to drive transformative change.
When you register for this course, you will receive complimentary enrollment in our online sustainability course, XSFS110 Essentials for Business: Put theory into practice.
- Gain a solid understanding of how to use design thinking to achieve challenging corporate sustainability goals and to develop robust business strategies and solutions.
- Stretch and strengthen your creativity and leadership skills to develop and implement innovative and impactful solutions.
- Develop a network of like-minded professionals and Stanford faculty for future networking and information sharing.
Program Dates & Location
September 11 - 13, 2019 on campus at Stanford University
TuitionCorporate and private sector participants
Early Registration Discount (- 6/30/2019)
- Individual: $3350 per person
- Group (2 or more participants): $3150 per person*
- Individual: $3750 per person
- Group (2 or more participants): $3550 per person*
*Larger discounts available for larger groups. Contact our team for more information.
Not-for-Profit (NGOs, public sector, academia) participants
Participants from not-for-profit organizations are eligible for 25% off tuition rates listed above. Contact us to receive your discount.
Tuition includes online course access, course materials, breakfasts, lunches, and receptions with participants and faculty.
Continuing Education Units
By completing this course, you’ll earn 2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). CEUs cannot be applied toward any Stanford degree. CEU transferability is subject to the receiving institution’s policies.
Record of Completion
When you complete each course, you’ll receive an email with a link to download your Record of Completion. This email will be sent to the address you provide in your mystanfordconnection within 3 business days of course completion.
For More Information