Thinking structurally about problems leads to data-driven decision-making and a better end-user experience. This course uses statistical models and decision theory to inform strategic approaches and outcomes demonstrated through industry applications, such as comparative effective studies of healthcare, medicine and marketing.
- Ka Wai Tsang , Lecturer of Statistics
- Hypothesis testing, regression analysis, model selection, p-value correction, resampling
- Decision rule, prior and posterior distribution, Bayesian inferences
- Online experimentation with hypothesis testing, A/B testing and Bayesian methods
- Medical product safety evaluation and safety databases
- Sequential testing, statistical methods for signal detection
STATS202 or STATS216/216V or CS229, CME250 or equivalent.