Changing the behavior and practices of energy users can be just as important as finding new sources of energy. It requires an understanding of community-based social marketing, psychology and behavioral economics for successful public action and support.
This course covers strategies for designing and implementing effective behavior change programs for promoting environmental sustainability using innovation and design decision frameworks.
You Will Learn
- Consumer energy reduction intervention frameworks
- Design thinking and behaviorally informed design principles
- Personal motivations for engaging with energy consumption
- Research-derived principles for deploying motivational plans
- Self-monitoring engagement and social competition programs
- Banny Banerjee Professor of Practice, Stanford University
Please contact the Program Manager at