Leadership BS: Fixing Workplaces and Careers One Truth at a Time
The multibillion dollar leadership development industry has failed, with workplaces characterized by low engagement, distrust of leaders, low levels of job satisfaction, and high rates of leadership failure. This webinar will describe why this is the case and, more importantly, why the attributes we claim to want in leaders are almost the exact opposite of what we hire and promote. Instead of chasing inspiration and telling nice, often untrue, and invariably rare tales, companies need to understand the qualities that make people effective and how to develop them.
In this webinar, you will gain:
- What to do to make leadership development more effective
- What skills we should be imparting in people who we want to be effective
- Why we need to give up on inspiration and the nice stories we tell that mostly aren't true
Professor, Stanford University
The Stanford Center for Professional Development in association with the Stanford Advanced Project Management certificate program. For more information about the Stanford Advanced Project Management Certificate, visit http://apm.stanford.edu/.
Steps to Register:
- Scroll down to the course section at the bottom of the page
- Click on the red "Enroll in this Section" button
- Click on the gold "View Cart" link located in the upper right-hand corner
- Continue with the checkout process by filling out the required information
Date & Time
Wednesday, June 1, 2016
10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Pacific
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Before the live event, ensure that you have the following equipment and software
- Verify that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Test your system now.
- Verify your internet connection can support the live WebEx session (slides, audio broadcast, and question asking).
Unable to connect to WebEx? Please use the WebEx help links provided below.
- Verify that you meet the minimum system requirements.
- WebEx help page: https://www.webex.com/login/join-meeting-tips
If you still cannot enter the meeting:
- Contact support for WebEx: http://www.webex.com/contact-us.html?TrackID=1017638&hbxref=&goid=us_contact_us.
- Contact Stanford Center For Professional Development Technical Support at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Toll Free: 1.866.802.1152
Missed the last webinar?
Please visit our free On-demand webinars to view archived offerings.
Learn more about the SAPM Certificate at
Register Now - Fill out the form below
|Wed||June 1, 2016||10:00AM to 11:00AM PT||Online|