Develop effective techniques for the aerodynamic analysis of aircraft, focusing on airfoil and finite wing theory. Equations of motion in differential and integral form and alternate forms of the equations with rotational and irrotational flow will be examined.
Biweekly assignments require MATLAB or a suitable programming language.
- Juan Alonso Professor, Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Laminar-to-turbulent transition
- Two-dimensional laminar and turbulent boundary layers in airfoil analysis
- Far-field and Trefftz-plane analysis
- Compressibility effects and similarity rules
Undergraduate courses in basic fluid mechanics and applied aerodynamics (Stanford Course: AA210A) or equivalent.