Rich Talk=Rich Learning: How to Establish a Culture of Constructive Conversations
In an era of new education standards, speaking, listening and conversing have never been more important. They are not only mediums for intellectual development, but crucial skills that become the foundation for success in college and beyond.
Join Kenji Hakuta, Professor Emeritus at the Graduate School of Education at Stanford University, and his colleagues Drs. Jeff Zwiers and Sara Rutherford-Quach, as they explore the importance of language, and specifically conversation, in content-area learning.
You will learn:
- The importance of building student discourse across disciplines
- The value of using conversations to regularly evaluate your lessons and improve your teaching
Presented by the new, online course Effective Conversation in the Classroom.
Steps to Register for Webinar
- Scroll down to the course section at the bottom of the page
- Click on the red "Enroll in this Section" button
- Click on the gold "View Cart" link located in the upper right-hand corner
- Continue with the checkout process by filling out the required information
Date & Time
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Pacific
1:00 p.m.- 2:00 p.m. Eastern
- Free Webinar
Before the live event, we encourage you to take the following steps.
- Verify that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Test your system now.
- Verify your internet connection can support the live WebEx session (slides, audio broadcast, and question asking).
Unable to connect to WebEx? Please use the WebEx help links provided below.
- Verify that you meet the minimum system requirements.
- WebEx help page: https://www.webex.com/login/join-meeting-tips
If you still cannot enter the meeting:
- Contact support for WebEx: http://www.webex.com/contact-us.html?TrackID=1017638&hbxref=&goid=us_contact_us.
- Contact Stanford Center For Professional Development Technical Support at: email@example.com.
Register Now - Fill out the form below
|Wed||Jul 20, 2016||10:00AM to 11:00AM PT||Online|