Explore the new research ideas on mathematics learning and student mindsets that can transform students' experiences with math. Whether you are a teacher preparing to implement the new State Standards, a parent wanting to give your children the best math start in life, an administrator wanting to know ways to encourage math teachers or another helper of math learners, this course will help you. The sessions are all interactive and include various thinking tasks to promote active engagement - such as reflecting on videos, designing lessons, and discussing ideas with peers.
You Will Learn
- New pedagogical strategies
- An understanding of high quality math tasks
- Questions to promote understanding
- Messages to give students
- Inspirational messages from educational thought-leaders
Who Should Enroll?
Teachers of math (K-12) or other helpers of students, such as parents. An accompanying course for students is also available here.
The course comprises 8 sessions, each with videos and activities that require approximately 1.5 to 3 hours to complete.
What is the course pace?
The course will be self-paced, you can start and end the course at any time in the months it is open.
- $99 per person
- Group enrollment is available at $99/person by purchase order, company check, or wire transfer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A discounted rate is available for groups of 150 or more, at $75 per person. Please contact email@example.com for more information on groups of 150 people or more
Continuing Education Units
By completing this course, you’ll earn 3 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). CEUs cannot be applied toward any Stanford degree. CEU transferability is subject to the receiving institution’s policies.
Record of Completion
When you complete each course, you’ll receive an email with a link to download your Record of Completion. This email will be sent to the address you provide in your mystanfordconnection within 3 business days of course completion.
or call 650-263-4144