Combine essential chemical engineering concepts and biological principles to address the needs of the biotech industry. The production of protein pharmaceuticals will be used as a paradigm to investigate recombinant DNA technology, synthetic biology and metabolic engineering. Develop processes and effective solutions to navigate biobusiness and regulatory issues.
- James Swartz Professor, Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering
- Quantitative biochemistry and cellular physiology
- Elemental stoichiometry of metabolism
- Fermentation development and control
- Product isolation and purification
- Protein folding and formulation
CHEMENG181 or BIOSCI41 or equivalent