Simple Rules for Thriving in a Complex World
How do experts manage decision making as they work to achieve their personal and professional goals in today's competitive and complex environment?
Simple rules are the answer. These rules focus attention and simplify the way that we think. They help us to pay attention to what matters most in a choice, and can be a proxy for a wealth of other information. They can also help coordinate teams because they are easy to understand, remember, and communicate.
Join Kathleen Eisenhardt, the Stanford W. Ascherman M.D. Professor, Management Science and Engineering, at Stanford University and Codirector of the Stanford Technology Ventures Program, as she discusses her new book, Simple Rules: How to Thrive in a Complex World. Kathleen will share insights about what simple rules are, the different categories of rules, and why they work so well for entrepreneurs and other innovators.
- Insights on how simple rules provide a balance between the freedom to try something unexpected and the efficiency to get things done.
- A straightforward process to create better rules for your business and personal life.
- Knowledge and confidence to use simple rules for reducing your own complexity.
The Stanford Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate program.
For more information about the Stanford Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate, visit create.stanford.edu
Steps to Register:
- Scroll down to the course section at the bottom of the page
- Click on the red "Enroll in this Section" button
- Click on the gold "View Cart" link located in the upper right-hand corner
- Continue with the checkout process by filling out the required information
Date & Time:
Tuesday, May 5, 2015
9:00am - 10:00 a.m. Pacific
12:00 p.m.- 1:00 p.m. Eastern
- Free Webinar
Before the live event, we encourage you to take the following steps.
- Verify that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Test your system now.
- Verify your internet connection can support the live WebEx session (slides, audio broadcast, and question asking).
Unable to connect to WebEx? Please use the WebEx help links provided below.
- Verify that you meet the minimum system requirements.
- WebEx help page: https://www.webex.com/login/join-meeting-tips
If you still cannot enter the meeting:
- Contact support for WebEx: http://www.webex.com/contact-us.html?TrackID=1017638&hbxref=&goid=us_contact_us.
- Contact Stanford Center For Professional Development Technical Support at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Missed the last Webinar?
Watch "Creating Demand with Content Marketing" presented by Lynda Kate Smith, here:
Learn more about the SI&E Certificate