Power of Story
To innovate, you not only need a big idea, you also need people to create it and people to buy into it. Stories fuel innovation. They are used to help people buy into new ideas or align with a shared vision. Stories have long held the power to transform the listener; to take listeners on a journey that changes how they think, feel or act. In business, stories can drive innovation and impact by painting a clear picture of what is and what could be for everyone from employees, to customers, to investors and the media. Story can also align teams so they are on the same page, thereby allowing for nimble decision making. In this interactive course we explore how to harness stories in business. Although we will focus on growth and innovation as the goal, we explore other application of stories. By the end of this webinar, you will have gained:
- Understanding of the role stories play in business, and specifically innovation.
- Awareness of what makes for a good (and bad) story, and how to use stories for strategic advantage to further business objectives.
- Practice crafting stories, for internal and external stakeholders that spur innovation.
Prof. Jennifer Aaker
The Stanford Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate program.
For more information about the Stanford Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate, visit create.stanford.edu
Steps to Register:
- Scroll down to the course section at the bottom of the page
- Click on the red "Enroll in this Section" button
- Click on the gold "View Cart" link located in the upper right-hand corner
- Continue with the checkout process by filling out the required information
Date & Time:
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Pacific
1:00 p.m.- 2:00 p.m. Eastern
- Free Webinar
Before the live event, we encourage you to take the following steps.
- Verify that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Test your system now.
- Verify your internet connection can support the live WebEx session (slides, audio broadcast, and question asking).
Unable to connect to WebEx? Please use the WebEx help links provided below.
- Verify that you meet the minimum system requirements.
- WebEx help page: https://www.webex.com/login/join-meeting-tips
If you still cannot enter the meeting:
- Contact support for WebEx: http://www.webex.com/contact-us.html?TrackID=1017638&hbxref=&goid=us_contact_us.
- Contact Stanford Center For Professional Development Technical Support at: email@example.com.
Missed the last Webinar?
Watch "Less is More: How to Use Simple Rules or Better Results" here:
Learn more about the SI&E Certificate