Decision Analysis at 50: A Look Back, A Look Ahead
2014 marks the 50th anniversary of Decision Analysis (DA). In 1964, professors Ron Howard of Stanford and Howard Raiffa of Harvard introduced the ideas that have brought DA into the mainstream.
In this webinar, we will hear from three early pioneers of the discipline who will explore how things have changed over the past 50 years. They will discuss the evolution of the field of DA that has led to its organization-wide adoption at major corporate and government entities.
We are honored and delighted to welcome Professor Ronald Howard as one of our featured speakers. Dr. Howard’s work provided much of the foundation for creating and building the field and associated professions. Beginning in 1964, he introduced a practical, engineering-based approach to corporations and government entities for making complex decisions.
Dr. Howard will be joined by two other early pioneers, Dr. James Matheson and Dr. Carl Spetzler, who will provide their view on the future of DA.
For more information about the Strategic Decision and Risk Management Certificate, visit strategicdecisions.stanford.edu
This webinar is co-sponsored by the Society of Decision Professionals
Steps to Register
- Scroll down to the course section at the bottom of the page
- Click on the red "Enroll in this Section" button
- Click on the gold "View Cart" link located in the upper right-hand corner
- Continue with the checkout process by filling out the required information
Date & Time
Wednesday, November 19, 2014.
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Pacific
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Eastern
Before the live event, we encourage you to take the following steps.
- Verify that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Test your system now.
- Verify your internet connection can support the live WebEx session (slides, audio broadcast, and question asking).
Unable to connect to WebEx? Please use the WebEx help links provided below.
- Verify that you meet the minimum system requirements..
- WebEx help page: https://www.webex.com/login/join-meeting-tips
If you still cannot enter the meeting:
- Contact support for WebEx: http://www.webex.com/contact-us.html?TrackID=1017638&hbxref=&goid=us_contact_us.
- Contact Stanford Center For Professional Development Technical Support at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patty Harris or Kristen Simonds
Missed the last webinar?
Please visit our free On-demand webinars to view archived offerings.
Learn more about the SDRM Certificate at strategicdecisions.stanford.edu