Six Critical Principles of Strategic Portfolio Management
Strategic portfolio management differs greatly from “operational” portfolio management; it focuses on selecting the best projects to develop and allocating resources to produce the highest possible economic value. Decision-making is complicated by risks and uncertainty around technical success, timing, cost, and commercialization. Many processes and tools are available to support quality decision-making around R&D, new product development, and innovation strategic portfolio management.
During this webinar, Dr. Matheson will highlight six critical principles that drive the value of your portfolio. He will draw on his considerable experience helping companies with strategic portfolio management.
About the Presenter
Dr. David Matheson is the CEO, President, and co-founder of SmartOrg, a company based in Silicon Valley that provides software and services to help companies discover their most valuable opportunities. With decades of experience, David has helped senior management of firms in the United States and Europe improve their results from portfolio management, product development, innovation, R&D, capital investment, and strategy. He is an expert on measuring value and managing uncertainty. He co-authored the bestselling book, The Smart Organization: Creating Value through Strategic R&D (Harvard Business School Press) and has written many articles on innovation, portfolio management, and decision-making. He is also a board member of a startup Photozini, Inc. and a Fellow with the Society of Decision Professionals. His PhD is from Stanford University, where he teaches Strategic Portfolio Management at the Stanford Center for Professional Development.
For more information about the Strategic Decision and Risk Management Certificate, visit strategicdecisions.stanford.edu
Steps to Register
- Scroll down to the course section at the bottom of the page
- Click on the red "Enroll in this Section" button
- Click on the gold "View Cart" link located in the upper right-hand corner
- Continue with the checkout process by filling out the required information
Date & Time
Wednesday, August 13, 2014.
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Pacific
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Eastern
Before the live event, we encourage you to take the following steps.
- Verify that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Test your system now.
- Verify your internet connection can support the live WebEx session (slides, audio broadcast, and question asking).
Unable to connect to WebEx? Please use the WebEx help links provided below.
- Verify that you meet the minimum system requirements..
- WebEx help page: https://www.webex.com/login/join-meeting-tips
If you still cannot enter the meeting:
- Contact support for WebEx: http://www.webex.com/contact-us.html?TrackID=1017638&hbxref=&goid=us_contact_us.
- Contact Stanford Center For Professional Development Technical Support at: email@example.com.
Missed the last webinar?
Please visit our free On-demand webinars to view archived offerings.
Learn more about the SDRM Certificate at strategicdecisions.stanford.edu