From Controversy to Consensus: California's Offshore Oil Platforms
Like many issues of energy and environment, there has been dispute about how to decommission California's 27 offshore oil platforms. Understand the decision analysis that provided stakeholders with insights to help form consensus for a
rigs to reefs option.
This webinar will teach you the practical value of:
- Using decision trees and influence diagrams to simplify a problem
- Examining different points of view with a multi-attribute decision model
- Exploring the effects of changing assumptions and preferences with interactive decision software
- Creatively designing a better alternative
- Summarizing key insights on a single page
This project won the 2014 Decision Analysis Practice Award from the Society of Decision Professionals and INFORMS Decision Analysis Society.
For more information about the Strategic Decision and Risk Management Certificate, visit strategicdecisions.stanford.edu
This webinar is co-sponsored by the Society of Decision Professionals.
Steps to Register
- Scroll down to the course section at the bottom of the page
- Click on the red "Enroll in this Section" button
- Click on the gold "View Cart" link located in the upper right-hand corner
- Continue with the checkout process by filling out the required information
Date & Time
Wednesday, April 29, 2015.
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Pacific
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Eastern
Before the live event, we encourage you to take the following steps.
- Verify that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Test your system now.
- Verify your internet connection can support the live WebEx session (slides, audio broadcast, and question asking).
Unable to connect to WebEx? Please use the WebEx help links provided below.
- Verify that you meet the minimum system requirements..
- WebEx help page: https://www.webex.com/login/join-meeting-tips
If you still cannot enter the meeting:
- Contact support for WebEx: http://www.webex.com/contact-us.html?TrackID=1017638&hbxref=&goid=us_contact_us.
- Contact Stanford Center For Professional Development Technical Support at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patty Harris or Kristen Simonds
Missed the last webinar?
Please visit our free On-demand webinars to view archived offerings.
Learn more about the SDRM Certificate at strategicdecisions.stanford.edu