This technical management course presents the philosophy and analytic tools of decision analysis, the analytic foundation for all the courses in the Strategic Decision and Risk Management program. It is taught by Stanford Professor Ron Howard, who coined the name, developed the discipline, and pioneered its application to all types of decisions. The course provides a rare opportunity to study with the founder of this important field.
Learn How to
- Analyze the personal and professional decisions that shape lives and organizations
- Avoid the pitfalls of intuitive decision-making
- Follow a decision approach that scales to treat decisions at all levels of importance
- Use the concepts that clarify thinking and choice
- Ronald Howard Professor in Management Science and Engineering
It is recommended that you take the two required courses Decision Quality (XSDR120) and Decision Analysis (XSDR122) first as part of the Stanford SDRM certificate program. If you plan to take these required courses online, we suggest you begin with Decision Quality.
- $3025 per in-person course
- $1295 per online course
- $75 one-time document fee ?
Certificates and Degrees
- Strategic Decision and Risk Management Certificate : Required Courses
- Strategic Decision and Risk Management Certificate - Emphasis in Healthcare : Required Courses