This introductory course provides the conceptual framework for all of the other courses in the program, introducing proven approaches and emerging concepts for aligning an organization's project and program initiatives with its strategic objectives. Students will learn why traditional "project management as usual" practices don't work in today's complex, fast-paced business environments, and then acquire a comprehensive organizational mastery model that does. Students will emerge with a firm grasp of what it takes for an organization to be focused and successful with projects and programs that consistently execute business strategies.
- Stephen Barley Charles M. Pigott Prof., Engineering, Stanford University
- Gideon Kunda Professor, Tel Aviv University
- Raymond Levitt Professor, Stanford University
- Mark Morgan Instructor, IPS Learning
- John Warren Vice President of Strategic Solutions, IPSolutions
- Tim Wasserman Vice President of Curriculum Mgt. and Product Dvlp, IPSolutions
- Align project initiatives with strategic objectives
- Select, prioritize, and manage a portfolio of projects in a product development or other fast-paced business environment
- Complete projects faster, with more efficient resource deployment
- Use new tools to support planning and execution, thereby shrinking time to market
- Address "crisis mentality" and use time more effectively
- Champion advanced project management with both co-located and virtual teams
- Close the gap between knowing and doing
- Customize a best-practices based organizational mastery model for direct application in your organization
- Build a stronger project-based matrix organization that is capable of consistently high performance
It is recommended that you take Converting Strategy into Action (XAPM110) first as part of the certificate program.
*This course counts as an elective in the Stanford Strategic Decision and Risk Management Certificate Program. If you are a participant in the certificate program, please contact 650-307-6973 or email@example.com.
Toll Free: 1-866-802-1152
- $3,025 per in person course
- $1,295 per online course
- $75 one-time document fee