The Fourier transform is both a theory and a mathematical tool with many applications in engineering and science. This course will emphasize relating the theoretical principles of the Fourier transform to solving practical engineering and science problems. Learn both specific techniques and general principles of the theory and develop the ability to recognize when, why, and how it is used. Develop a greater appreciation of its meaning and value through practical use of the transform.
- The Fourier transform of continuous and discrete signals
- Convolution and correlations
- Distributions and their Fourier transforms
- Linear systems
- The discrete Fourier transform and the FFT algorithm
- Use in imaging, optics and crystallography
Math through ODEs, basic linear algebra, comfort and sums and discrete signals, Fourier series at the level of EE102A
Tuition & Fees
For course tuition, reduced tuition (SCPD member companies and United States Armed forces), and fees, please click Tuition & Fees.