Building on the foundations of quantum theory, the interpretation of quantum information is essential to understanding material properties and how we interact with them. This course exposes you to advanced topics developing the broad field of quantum mechanics, including quantum optics and particle interaction.
- David Miller Professor, Electrical Engineering
- Methods for one-dimensional problems
- Coherent states
- Crystalline materials
- Electromagnetic field quantization
- Fermion annihilation and creation operators
- Optical absorption
- Spin and identical particles
- Spontaneous and stimulated emission
Note on Course Availability
The course schedule is displayed for planning purposes – courses can be modified, changed, or cancelled. Course availability will be considered finalized on the first day of open enrollment. For quarterly enrollment dates, please refer to our graduate certificate homepage.