Dynamic professionals sharing their industry experience and cutting edge research within the human-computer interaction (HCI) field will be presented in this seminar. Each week, a unique collection of technologists, artists, designers, and activists will discuss a wide range of current and evolving topics pertaining to HCI.
Upcoming guest speaker listings and an archive of past seminars can be found here: http://hci.stanford.edu/seminar
Previous Guest Speakers:
- Steve Whittaker, UC Santa Cruz
- Sepandar Kamvar, MIT Media Lab
- Karen Wilkinson and Mike Petrich, Exploratorium
- Kristen Berman, Irrational Labs
- Jeff Wieland and Ramya Sethuraman, Facebook Accessibility
- Serge Egelman, UC Berkeley
- Kevin Crowston, Syracuse University
- Andres Monroy-Hernandez, Microsoft Research
- John Tang, Microsoft Research
Note on Course Availability
This course is typically offered Autumn, Winter and Spring quarters.
The course schedule is displayed for planning purposes – courses can be modified, changed, or cancelled. Course availability will be considered finalized on the first day of open enrollment. For quarterly enrollment dates, please refer to our graduate certificate homepage.
Seminar videos are available at seminars.stanford.edu two hours after the lecture occurs on campus and on-demand for the remainder of the quarter. Streaming will require an HTML5 supported web browser and a high-speed internet connection. You can watch on the go with iOS, Android, Windows Phone and any smartphone/tablet that supports HTML5.
Professor Terry Winograd