In this course students study advanced operating system topics and are exposed to recent developments in operating systems research. This course involves readings and lectures on classic and new journal and conference papers.
- Sergio Benitez Instructor, Computer Science
- Dawson Engler Associate Professor, Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
- Virtual memory management
- Synchronization and communication
- File systems
- Protection and security
- Operating system extension techniques
- Fault tolerance
- The history and experience of systems programming
Note on Course Availability
The course schedule is displayed for planning purposes – courses can be modified, changed, or cancelled. Course availability will be considered finalized on the first day of open enrollment. For quarterly enrollment dates, please refer to our graduate certificate homepage.
Operating Systems and Systems Programming (Stanford Course: CS140) or equivalent