This course is an introduction to the design and performance of airbreathing and rocket engines and the physical parameters used to characterize propulsion system performance.
- Brian Cantwell Professor of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Gas dynamics of nozzles and inlets
- Cycle analysis of ramjets, turbojets, turbofans, and turboprops
- Component matching and the compressor map
- Introduction to liquid and solid propellant rockets
- Multistage rockets
- Hybrid rockets
- Thermodynamics of reacting gases
Note on Course Availability
The course schedule is displayed for planning purposes – courses can be modified, changed, or cancelled. Course availability will be considered finalized on the first day of open enrollment. For quarterly enrollment dates, please refer to our graduate certificate homepage.
Undergraduate background in fluid mechanics and thermodynamics