Simple Rules for Thriving in a Complex World
In today’s competitive and complex environment, we need help managing day-to-day decisions as we work to achieve our personal and professional goals. Simple rules are the answer. They focus attention and simplify the way that we think. They help us to pay attention to what matters most in a choice, and can proxy for a wealth of implicit information. They also coordinate people because they are easy to understand, remember, and communicate to others.
Join Kathleen Eisenhardt, the Stanford W. Ascherman M.D. Professor at Stanford University and Co-Director of the Stanford Technology Ventures Program, as she discusses her new book, Simple Rules: How to Thrive in a Complex World. Kathleen will share insights about what simple rules are, the different categories of rules, and why they work so well for entrepreneurs and other innovators.
Kathleen and her co-author found that businesses with too many rules were stodgy and slow, but businesses with too few rules flailed too because they didn’t have enough consistency or coherence. In contrast,
- Insights on how simple rules provide a balance between the freedom to try something unexpected and the efficiency to get things done.
- A straightforward process to create better rules for your business and personal life.
- Knowledge and confidence to use simple rules for reducing your own complexity.
The Stanford Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate program.
For more information about the Stanford Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate, visit create.stanford.edu
Steps to Register:
- Scroll down to the course section at the bottom of the page
- Click on the red "Enroll in this Section" button
- Click on the gold "View Cart" link located in the upper right-hand corner
- Continue with the checkout process by filling out the required information
Date & Time:
Tuesday, May 5, 2015
9:00am - 10:00 a.m. Pacific
12:00 p.m.- 1:00 p.m. Eastern
- Free Webinar
Before the live event, we encourage you to take the following steps.
- Verify that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Test your system now.
- Verify your internet connection can support the live WebEx session (slides, audio broadcast, and question asking).
Unable to connect to WebEx? Please use the WebEx help links provided below.
- Verify that you meet the minimum system requirements.
- WebEx help page: https://www.webex.com/login/join-meeting-tips
If you still cannot enter the meeting:
- Contact support for WebEx: http://www.webex.com/contact-us.html?TrackID=1017638&hbxref=&goid=us_contact_us.
- Contact Stanford Center For Professional Development Technical Support at: email@example.com.
Missed the last Webinar?
Watch "Creating Demand with Content Marketing" presented by Lynda Kate Smith, here:
Learn more about the SI&E Certificate