Technical work environments require a different brand of management compared to many corporate settings. The greater emphasis on quantitative data and advanced analytical skills calls on managers to combine subject knowledge with strong decision-making and leadership skills.
The Technology and Engineering Management certificate provides the breadth of skillsets required for management in those sectors. Building on existing work experience, this program teaches financial analysis, establishing a strategic direction, and building dynamic, cohesive teams. You will develop comprehensive managerial expertise as well as learn how to optimize it for your industry.
You will master the principles of financial reporting and investments, learn a theoretical framework for evaluating and making decisions, and apply entrepreneurial strategy to successfully develop, promote and lead your business. Benefits from this can be achieved across a range of operational areas and enhance shareholder value.
- Acquire a solid grasp of financial and product management concepts to complement your technical background
- Develop an entrepreneurial mindset to optimize new business ventures or a product launch with innovative promotion and leadership
- Learn a theoretical framework for evaluating and making decisions at a range of levels
- Take courses with a statistical focus that explore machine learning, probability theory and modelling
Who Should Apply
Managers with financial oversight, Startup Directors, Financial Analysts, Fund Managers in industry, Industry/Technology Business Consultants, Product Managers as well as those moving into more senior leadership positions.
Earning the Certificate
- Tailor the certificate to your interests and career goals
- Begin your certificate any academic quarter that an applicable course is offered, subject to prerequisites
- Take courses for graduate credit and a grade
- Maintain a B average (GPA of 3.0) or better
- Complete any four courses from those listed
- 1 year of college level calculus (through calculus of several variables, such as CME100)
- Background in statistics, experience with spreadsheets recommended.
- A conferred Bachelor’s degree with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better.
To pursue a graduate certificate you need to apply.
For course tuition and fees, please click
Tuition & Fees
Time to Complete Certificate
On average, students complete the certificate within 1-2 years.
Submit an inquiry and a representative will contact you.