Stanford Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate
8 Courses Required: View Course Selections
Knowing how to incorporate innovation in your work and teams is crucial for creating thriving workplaces and careers. The Innovation and Entrepreneurship professional certificate program will teach participants essential skills and effective strategies for working in and managing innovative organizations – and for starting new ones. In classes designed to engage and inspire, you will learn by doing from some of Stanford’s best in the field.
Be prepared to get out of your chair and use your whole brain, because creativity and innovation take practice.
You Will Gain
- A greater understanding of the tools that every innovative organization needs to succeed
- A wider and deeper set of innovation skills, customized to fit both your organization’s needs and your career goals
- A greater understanding the best and most current research on innovation and entrepreneurship
- Deeper insights into the people you are serving - a powerful tool for innovation
- The joy of learning from and engaging with some of Stanford’s smartest and most entertaining teachers
- Personal feedback and advice from Stanford’s team of innovation coaches
- A greater capacity to keep honing your innovation skills for years after you’ve completed the program – we teach participants how to keep learning and, in turn, to teach what they learn to others
Who Should Enroll
- Leaders of innovative teams, or teams that wish to be innovative
- Professionals from startups, Fortune 500 companies, non-profits and the public sector
- Marketing, sales, finance, and project management teams
- Engineers and project team leads who want to be more creative
- Entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs
Earning the Certificate
This certificate is offered online. Courses may be taken in any order and are self-paced. Participants have the flexibility of taking individual courses within the program or earning the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate by completing 8 courses.
Each course consists of online lecture videos, self-paced assignments and a final exam. A discussion forum allows participants to interact with the teaching team and others who are enrolled in the course. The teaching team also provides feedback on select assignments.
Requires an accepted application. Applications may be submitted online at anytime. Sample Application
- 5 years work experience
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, with minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Background in management or working in teams
- An entrepreneurial and innovative spirit
- $995 per online course
- $7,960 total for the 8 courses needed
- $75 one-time document fee ?
Time to Complete Certificate
Courses are self-paced. Each course is approximately 4 hours of online lectures and 4 hours of assignments. Each course is available for 90 days after the date of enrollment.
Please contact us at 650-741-1581 or
Or, submit an inquiry and a representative will contact you.
|Course||Course #||Next Offered||Deliv. Options||Prereqs||Avail|
|Choose any 8 courses: - New courses will launch throughout 2013. By the end of 2013 there will be a total of 12 courses to select your 8 courses from to earn the certificate:|
|Empathize and Prototype: A Hands on Dive into the Key Tools of Design Thinking||XINE214||Now||Online||N||Y|
|The Power of Stories to Fuel Innovation||XINE217||Now||Online||N||Y|
|Scaling Excellence through Innovation||XINE232||Now||Online||N||Y|
|Creating Demand: Driving Growth Using Traditional, Social and Viral Marketing||XINE235||Now||Online||N||Y|
|Building Business Models||XINE249||Now||Online||N||Y|
|Financing Innovation: Valuing Projects and Firms||XINE251||N||N|
|Cultivating the Entrepreneurial Mindset||XINE257||N||N|