This certificate program begins with an overview of the theory of investment portfolios and derivative securities, interest rate and credit markets, banking and bank regulations. A series of case studies illuminate systemic risk due to the evolution of modern financial engineering, and introduces a multidisciplinary approach to tackle relevant policy and strategy issues. Exploring cutting-edge financial models and statistical methods for active risk management, this certificate gives you the tools you need to prepare for and weather financial crisis and regulatory reforms.
You Will Learn
- Assess and prepare for uncertainties in markets, commodities pricing, exchange rates, and contract fulfillment
- Better invest cash reserves, and contract for loans and credit in ways that balance risk and expected returns
- Understand and assess the levels of risk to better guide your investment decisions or required contract terms
Who Should Apply
- Financial officers
- Venture funding professionals
- Entrepreneurs and start-up founders
- Engineers with financial responsibilities
Earning the Certificate
- Begin your certificate any academic quarter that an applicable course is offered, subject to prerequisites
- Take courses for graduate credit and a grade
- Maintain a B average (GPA of 3.0) or better
Compared to the "Quantitative Methods in Finance" Certificate, the "Financial Risk Analysis and Management" focus is tailored primarily for Financial Risk Managers with a multi-disciplinary interest in both quantitative risk measures and modern regulatory requirements.
A background in probability, regression modeling, matrix algebra, real data analysis and investment science
Basic courses at the level of STATS 116 and STATS 200, and basic programming skills at the level of CS106.
To pursue a graduate certificate you need to apply.
$10,080 - $11,880 (9 units)
to complete the certificate
Time to Complete Certificate
1-2 years average
3 years maximum to complete
Stanford University Statistics Department
Submit an inquiry and a representative will contact you.