As the rate of technological change accelerates and the world becomes more interconnected, engineers and technology professionals must understand and manage the social, political, economic, and environmental impact of their work.
The Management Science and Engineering graduate certificate offers you the opportunity to design your own plan of study at the intersection of policy, management, and technology.
- Develop entrepreneurial and managerial skills and knowledge to complement your technical background
- Use mathematical models and engineering case studies to explore economics and finance, decision and risk analysis, policy and strategy, and production and operations management
Who Should Apply
Professionals from all industries and function areas who want to understand and manage the social, political, economic or environmental impact of their work.
Earning the Certificate
- Tailor the certificate to your interests and career goals
- Begin your certificate any academic quarter that an applicable course is offered, subject to prerequisites
- Take courses for graduate credit and a grade
- Maintain a B average (GPA of 3.0) or better
- Complete three required courses from the following list: MS&E 201, MS&E 211, MS&E 223, MS&E 241, MS&E 261, MS&E 271, MS&E 280, MS&E 240 or MS&E 242 or MS&E 242S, MS&E 250A or MS&E252. Then complete one elective course from any area
- 1 year of college level calculus (through calculus of several variables)
- Background in Statistics
- An undergraduate degree with a GPA of 3.0 or equivalent
To pursue a graduate certificate you need to apply.
$13,280 - $18,280 (12 units)
to complete the certificate
Time to Complete Certificate
1-2 years average
3 years maximum to complete
Director of Sales and Marketing, Flex Interconnect Technologies
Submit an inquiry and a representative will contact you.