Data Mining and Applications Graduate Certificate
3 Courses Required: View Course Selections
Data mining and predictive models are at the heart of successful information and product search, automated merchandizing, smart personalization, dynamic pricing, social network analysis, genetics, proteomics, and many other technology-based solutions to important problems in business.
The Data Mining and Applications graduate certificate introduces many of the important new ideas in data mining and machine learning, explains them in a statistical framework, and describes some of their applications to business, science, and technology.
You Will Learn to
- Use statistical methods to extract meaning from large datasets
- Develop and use predictive models and analytics
- Understand and use strategic decision-making applications
Who Should Apply
- Strategy managers
- Scientific researchers
- Medical researchers
- Social sciences researchers
- Data analysts and consultants
- Advertising and Marketing professionals
Earning the Certificate
Students are required to take either STATS202 or STATS216 as their first course, completing with a B+ or better before moving on to the remaining courses. If electing to take both STATS202 and STATS216 toward the certificate, each course must be completed with a B+ or better. All other courses must be completed with a B or better to earn the certificate award.
- Begin your certificate by taking STATS202 or STATS216 and receive a grade of B+ or better to continue the program, subject to prerequisites
- If electing to take both STATS202 and STATS216, each course must be completed with a B+ or better. All other courses must be completed with a B or better.
- Take all courses for graduate credit and a grade
- Courses must be taken for 3 units of credit to qualify for certificate application
- A background in probability and matrix algebra (minimum of one course at the undergraduate level or above)
- An undergraduate degree with minimum GPA of 3.5 or equivalent
To pursue a graduate certificate you need to apply.
$10,080 - $11,880 (9 units)
to complete the certificate
Time to Complete Certificate
1-2 years average
3 years maximum to complete
Submit an inquiry and a representative will contact you.
|Course||Course #||Next Offered||Deliv. Options||Prereqs||Avail|
|Required Courses (choose 3) :|
|Stats202 and Stats216 are required first courses. Students may elect to take one, or both.|
|Data Mining and Analysis||STATS202||Summer 2012-13||At Stanford, Online||Y||N|
|Introduction to Statistical Learning||STATS216||Now||Online||Y||N|
|Paradigms for Computing with Data||STATS290||Now||Online||Y||N|
|Modern Applied Statistics: Data Mining||STATS315B||Spring 2013-14||Online||Y||Y|