Data Mining and Applications Graduate Certificate
3 Courses Required: View Course Selections
Data mining and predictive models are at the heart of successful information and product search, automated merchandizing, smart personalization, dynamic pricing, social network analysis, genetics, proteomics, and many other technology-based solutions to important problems in business.
The Data Mining and Applications graduate certificate introduces many of the important new ideas in data mining and machine learning, explains them in a statistical framework, and describes some of their applications to business, science, and technology.
You Will Learn to
- Use statistical methods to extract meaning from large datasets
- Develop and use predictive models and analytics
- Understand and use strategic decision-making applications
Who Should Apply
- Strategy managers
- Scientific researchers
- Medical researchers
- Social sciences researchers
- Data analysts and consultants
- Advertising and Marketing professionals
Earning the Certificate
Please note that beginning autumn quarter of 2011, the participation requirements for this graduate certificate program have been updated. STATS202 is now a required course, which must be completed with a B+ or better to move on to the elective courses. STATS290, STATS315A, and STATS315B are now elective courses, two of which must be completed with a B or better (in each course), to earn the certificate award.
- Begin your certificate by taking the required course, STATS202, and receive a grade of B+ or better to continue program elective courses, subject to prerequisites
- Take courses for graduate credit and a grade
- Courses must be taken for 3 units of credit to qualify for certificate application
- Receive a B+ or better in STATS202 and a B (3.0) or better in each elective course
- For certificate requirements, see the planning tool
Plan your course of study with the graduate certificate planning tool!
- A background in probability and matrix algebra (minimum of one course at the undergraduate level or above)
- An undergraduate degree with minimum GPA of 3.5 or equivalent
To pursue a graduate certificate you need to apply.
$10,080 - $11,880 (9 units)
to complete the certificate
Time to Complete Certificate
1-2 years average
3 years maximum to complete
Submit an inquiry and a representative will contact you.
|Course||Course #||Next Offered||Deliv. Options||Prereqs||Avail|
|Data Mining and Analysis||STATS202||Summer 2012-13||Online||N||N|
|Paradigms for Computing with Data||STATS290||Winter 2012-13||Online||Y||N|
|Modern Applied Statistics: Learning||STATS315A||Winter 2012-13||At Stanford, Online||Y||N|
|Modern Applied Statistics: Data Mining||STATS315B||Now||Online||Y||N|