Data mining and predictive models are at the heart of successful information and product search, automated merchandizing, smart personalization, dynamic pricing, social network analysis, genetics, proteomics, and many other technology-based solutions to important problems in business.
The Data Mining and Applications graduate certificate introduces many of the important new ideas in data mining and machine learning, explains them in a statistical framework, and describes some of their applications to business, science, and technology.
You Will Learn
- Use statistical methods to extract meaning from large datasets
- Develop and use predictive models and analytics
- Understand and use strategic decision-making applications
Who Should Apply
- Strategy managers
- Scientific researchers
- Medical researchers
- Social sciences researchers
- Data analysts and consultants
- Advertising and Marketing professionals
Earning the Certificate
Students are required to take either STATS202 or STATS216 as their first course, completing with a B+ or better before moving on to the remaining courses. All other courses must be completed with a B or better to earn the certificate award.
- Begin your certificate by taking STATS202 or STATS216 and receive a grade of B+ or better to continue the program, subject to prerequisites
- Take all courses for graduate credit and a grade
- Courses must be taken for 3 units of credit to qualify for certificate application
- Introductory courses in each of the three following areas: statistics or probability, linear algebra, computer programming (E.g. STATS 60, MATH 51, CS 105 or equivalent.)
- A conferred Bachelor’s degree with an undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or better.
To pursue a graduate certificate you need to apply.
$10,080 - $11,880 (9 units)
to complete the certificate
For course tuition and fees, please click
Tuition & Fees
Time to Complete Certificate
1-2 years average
3 years maximum to complete
Submit an inquiry and a representative will contact you.