Stanford faculty and industry experts come together to offer these short, intensive learning opportunities where you acquire tools and techniques that have immediate applications. Take these courses online, on the Stanford campus, and at your work site.
- Courses are intensive and condensed - ranging in time from a few hours online to a few days on campus
- In addition to Stanford faculty, courses are taught by industry experts and offer insight into industry trends and best practices
- Online study is self-paced and can be scheduled during times that are most convenient for you and your employer
- You may earn Professional Development Units and Continuing Education Units
- The Stanford Center for Professional Development is a Registered Education Provider of the Project Management Institute
Leadership, Strategy, Decision-Making, Innovation, and Execution
Which of these core competencies are important to you? This model maps our professional courses to these key concepts so that you can find the courses that are right for you.
How to Enroll
- Step 1: Select Courses
Explore available professional courses listed by subject to the right.
Decide which course(s) are right for you.
Ensure you meet any applicable prerequisites.
- Step 2: Enroll and Apply
Add the selected course(s) to your cart and continue checkout.
You will be prompted to create an account. It is important to choose a username and password you will remember, because this is how you will view courses and update your information.
After filling in your account information, you may need to complete an application form, depending on the course you have selected.
Your application is not considered complete until you have enrolled in at least 1 course.
- Step 3: Application Review (when applicable)
Once a required application is complete, it will be reviewed to ensure you have the background to be successful in the course(s) for which you are enrolled. You will be notified of a decision through mystanfordconnection within 7-10 business days.
"Stanford opened my mind to a new way of thinking that made a significant impact on me personally."
Business Development Manager, Cisco Systems
Stanford University credentials earned through the Stanford Center for Professional Development:
- Stanford Certified Project Manager
- Professional Certificate in Strategic Decision and Risk Management
- Graduate courses in management science and engineering
View professional courses by subject
View professional courses by quarter
View all courses by quarter
Get in touch with Customer Service for questions on logistics and how to get started. Our course advisors are equipped to handle questions about course content, prerequisites, and your education path.